I think it's safe to say i've become lazy during the summer. Sorry about the time between blogs.
Blake Wheelers rookie season with the Boston Bruins was composed of ups and downs, highs and lows, oh and not to forget a hat trick thrown in the middle somewhere. But when the 2008-2009 season ended I was left wondering where was Wheeler? Where was this supposed great player who in his previous season with the Golden Gophers of the USHL had scored 35 points in 44 games? Where was his drive and sniping skills during the playoffs? Bottom line, where was Blake Wheelers effort? Not in the game that’s where.
To be completely honest, I was disappointed in a major way with Wheeler’s performance in the 2009 NHL playoffs. I expected an explosive young rookie goal scorer with sufficient amounts of energy in order to score goals, in order to win. What I got was a lack luster skater who quite frankly looked like he could care less. Don’t get me wrong I adore Blake Wheeler as a player, when he’s on his game. # 26 is six feet four inches tall, now come on with a frame like that you should be able to bust your way through some defenders on your way to the net. For Wheeler to be successful he needs to utilize that large figure and not let anything get in his way on his pursuit for goals.
Today I am quite pleased to hear that Wheeler agrees his performance in last seasons playoffs was nothing to be proud of, and it needs to change. “At the end of last year especially, I kind of faded a bit” wheeler says. “[This summer] I’ve tried to enjoy the sunshine a little bit and stay away from the rink and the game, but I’ll be honest, the way things ended last year, they kind of just made me want to get back at it and it keeps you hungry,” Blake continued.
So now the big question is what will he be doing to improve upon himself? Since last years playo
As the 2009-2010 season rapidly approaches I will be looking out for many thing to be improved upon in the bruins game plan. One of those being keeping my eye on #26 Blake Wheeler, or “wheels” as teammates know him, making sure he keeps his eye on the prize and his energy levels high. It’s a new year, new season, and on August 31st Blake Wheeler will be another year older, so you better shape up “Wheels” because I want a cup in Boston before I’m 100 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment